January Color-iffic Swap-o-ramaJanuary 5, 2007 at 3:38 pm | Posted in Sewing/Crafts, swaps | 7 Comments
This month on flickr’s Color-iffic swap-o-rama, the colors were red and white. I have lots of craft materials in those colors, so it was particularly nice to be able to use mostly what I had on hand.
Here’s the whole package. I forwarded on some very nice items I’d received from some other swaps, but didn’t get around to using yet, like those super sleek square enamel stickers in the middle and some of Jenna’s pretty red and white yo-yos. I’ve given up on the yo-yo quilt idea for now and will use the ones I’ve gotten for embellishments on other crafts.
Clockwise from top left:
- Buttons, a perennial favorite to give and receive in swaps. I love how the flower ones coordinate so well with that floral fabric I used.
- Birdie. One of the requirements of the swap is that you include at least handmade item. He has a string for hanging.
- Purse sized photo album. I took out the cover and replaced it with fabric, to which I’d fused her initial. I hope there’s more than one “I” girl in the swap, or I’ve blown my cover on the secret swap. I had to flip the floral fabric over to the wrong side; the letter didn’t show up well against the bright pattern
- Beads in a cute container. I stashed the buttons in the other half of the container.
- Tissue holder (for those purse-sized packets). My first! This was super easy to do. It’s even lined with the red Swiss dot fabric.
- Ribbon rose brooch with beads.